Show me the money! This is the frantic cry of the "old guard" of senior executives as they desperately struggle to deal with commoditizing markets, the loss of their differentiator and the inevitable impact on profitability.
At the same time the new breed of enlightened, customer-focused executives knowingly smile, seeing the answer is simple: focus on the customer rather than the organization, provide customers with an emotionally engaging experience, and the rest will take care of itself. They understand that the customer experience is the next competitive battleground and that emotions account for over 50% of an experience.
In one case study in this book, an organization adopting this philosophy dealing in a mature market, enjoyed 100% growth in revenues, doubled their customer base, substantially reduced customer churn, increased the effectiveness of their marketing campaigns by 20% and reduced employee attrition by 13%.
As the world thought leaders on customer experience, Colin Shaw and the team at Beyond Philosophy have undertaken more than 18 months of groundbreaking research to discovering the emotions that drive and destroy value in an organization and can now disclose the empirical link between evoking these emotions and substantial financial returns.
By the end of the book you will understand:
* The four clusters of emotions that increase customers' short term spend and drive and destroy customer loyalty
* How to prove that improving your customer experience provides considerable financial returns
* How to evoke these emotions in your customers
* How these emotions affect your "Net Promoter" score and how to use them to improve it
* Why every organization has an Emotional Signature
This book is littered with examples of organizations who already understand the DNA of customer experience and know the power of emotions to gain a competitive edge.