Entertainment is now a sprawling $500-billion industry that reaches into every corner of human life. If you're in the entertainment business, your competitors range from athletes to casinos, Disney to Sony, Harry Potter to the Dixie Chicks. How do you differentiate your product and find your market in this incredibly complex and brutally competitive marketplace? This book will show you how.
Industry insiders Al Lieberman and Patricia Esgate cover the entire entertainment industry, offering powerful insights into marketing film, video, broadcast, cable, radio, music, print, games, sports, travel, theme parks, and much more. You'll discover the driving forces, key synergies, new opportunities, and advanced marketing techniques today's top companies are riding to success. You'll also learn how to create tomorrow's blockbuster properties, starting right now.
Next-generation marketing in the $500 billion global entertainment marketplace.
- Marketing every form of entertainment: film to print, music to travel, electronic games to theme parks
- Spinoffs, licensing, and beyond: creating properties that keep on paying
- Cutting through the 3,000 marketing messages your customer will see today
- The real effects of new technology: from piracy to e-books, TiVo to digital overlays
- Print after the Web: next-generation marketing for books, newspapers, and magazines
- The independents: new studios, new networks, new players, new media
There's still no business like show business: only show business is more gigantic, more fast-paced, more fickle, and more insanely competitive than ever before. Entertainment marketing is like no other form of marketing. Before you can begin to sell a product, you must sell an experience. The budgets are huge: so are the burn rates. The planning takes years: the results can be known overnight. The successes are colossal: so are the failures.
Top entertainment industry consultants Al Lieberman and Pat Esgate have brought together the first complete primer on entertainment marketing in the 21st century. They offer a smart, up-to-the-minute overview of today's radically new global entertainment marketplace, then show you how exactly how to identify, target, and reach your market—whatever, whoever, and wherever it may be.