Business leaders searching for a green strategy encounter few roadmaps and established rules and plenty of hidden twists and turns. Strategies for the New Green Economy describes how companies can succeed in the green marketplace, keeping pace with customer and societal demands to reduce their environmental impact.
In this book, Joel Makower provides clear guidance for this challenge. He offers insights and inspiration gleaned from his 20 years' experience helping Fortune 500 companies and start-ups alike formulate strategies that align environmental and business goals.
Providing a comprehensive and realistic look at both the opportunities and challenges, Strategies for the Green Economy systematically tackles the central issues of greening your business:
- What does it take to be seen as an environmental leader?
- What are the standards, implicit or explicit, that you must meet to be green?
- How do you communicate what your business is doing right--and what it's doing wrong?
- How can you overcome consumer, media, and activist distrust?
- How can your company be heard amid the “green noise” in the marketplace?
- What are the new opportunities emerging for companies in the green economy?