Introduction to Sport Marketing is a highly accessible text that presents the key principles and tools of sport marketing. Written by an expert in sport management and marketing, it combines clear explanations with case studies, exercises, web-based activities and illustrations, highlighting the techniques applicable to the non-profit, professional, and government sectors of sport. In addition to addressing traditional sport marketing concepts, the text also offers a unique chapter on cutting edge ideas and technologies in new media sport marketing.
Written for readers new to sport marketing or at the start of their careers, the text equips the reader with a strong knowledge basis.
Introduction to Sport Marketing should be the first stop on any beginner sport management and marketing student's reading list.
* apply marketing theory and frameworks to the unique sport industry environment
* understand the best marketing approaches for non-profit, professional, and government sport
* appreciate the characteristics and behaviours of sport consumers
* conduct an internal and external analysis of a sport organization and specify a market positioning strategy
* identify marketing opportunities and generate marketing objectives
* cultivate a sport brand
* acquire, manage and evaluate sport sponsorships
* devise marketing activities specifically for sport services
* capitalise on new media technologies for sport marketing